We all love how sharp we look in a new pair of shoes. But breaking them in can be sheer agony. Plus, once they are perfect it’s not long before they are stinky, covered in scratches, and not fit to be seen in polite company.
But it doesn’t have to be that way!
1. RESTORE WHITENESS BY RUBBING TOOTHPASTE ON YOUR OLD SHOES.
It doesn’t just whiten your teeth.
2. CLEAN LEATHER WITH RUBBING ALCOHOL.
3. FRESHEN UP YOUR SNEAKERS WITH BAKING SODA.
It will give them that “brand new” smell once more.
4. USE A NAIL FILE TO BANISH SCRATCHES.
5. SOAK IN A VINEGAR SOLUTION TO GET RID OF BAD SMELLS.
6. SHINE PATENT LEATHER WITH PETROLEUM JELLY.
They’ll gleam like diamonds.
7. USE CORNMEAL TO ABSORB SUEDE STAINS.
Water stain? What water stain?
8. USE A HAIR DRYER TO STRETCH OUT NEW SHOES.
Don some woolly socks and “dry” your shoes to help form the leather to your feet.
9. LOOSEN TOO-TIGHT SHOES IN THE FREEZER.
10. RUB SANDPAPER ON SOLES
You’ll never slip and fall again!
11. GEL DEODORANT HELPS PREVENT BLISTERS.
It prevents the rubbing and chafing that can cause blisters. Plus it smells nice!
12. WEARING HEELS? TAPE YOUR TOES TOGETHER.
13. WATERPROOF CANVAS SHOES WITH BEESWAX.
Even the flimsiest shoes become leak proof.
14. SOAK FEET IN TEA TO SOOTHE BLISTERS.
The anti-inflammatory properties in tea work magic on your footsies too.
If you struggle with wearing high heels tips like #12 are definitely worth checking out. I know I’m definitely going to give it a shot!
Share these awesome shoe hacks with your friends below!